Sub Title

Art you just have to have!

Daily Paintings and more by Sophi

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Blue Dasher


18 x 24 x 1 1/2 Oil on Canvas
"Deep in the Lagoon"
$400


Or is it an Eastern Pondhawk?  Well considering the fact that I found him, and many of his friends, while out on one of my local adventures to the Berkshire Botanical Gardens in Stockbridge, MA, I am putting my money on the Pondhawk!  The Botanical gardens has this great pond toward the right back side of the property.  In mid July and into August the dragonflies are there in swarms.  Many species too, not just the Pondhawks.  I suspect it is mating time and the females will be laying their eggs in the pond as it is fertile ground for the nymphs that are to be born... 

Did you know that a dragon fly has basically two different lives?  One in the water and one in flight.  It's fascinating and I will continue the educational lesson on my next blog.  For now enjoy the Blue Dasher....oh I mean the Eastern Pondhawk!

& Guiding Yoga Nidra in Key West was a blessing!  Beautiful people there at the Yoga Sanctuary on Duval Street....so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment